Caedmon's Call

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

You may have guessed from reading the subheader that I am a Caedmon's Call fan, and you would be right. I love the complexity that they bring to the table, both lyrically and musically. I could go on about exactly why they're my all-time favorite music group, but I don't think we've really been acquainted long enough for me to show you the level of my nerdiness on this matter. Maybe in a few dozen posts or so.

Anyway, the point of letting you in on this part of my life is to tell you that in November, Jodi and I went to go see Caedmon's. I was content just having the tickets, but when we got in, she grabbed my hand and led me up to the second row, front and center. I don't have to tell you that this was a memorable experience for me. They played several of my favorite songs, though not all of them, and some that I think are okay. One of those was "Hold the Light." For some reason, it really resonated with me. Again, (and I really don't mean to beat a dead horse) I was feeling down about my recent lack of a real job, and the lyrics really opened my eyes. Now it is among my favorites.

Today I found a video of the song at that exact concert we were at, so I couldn't not share it:


1 comments:

Yogi said...

Yea! I can comment today! (More than you'd hoped for, I know! ;)

Lucky you! I had missed that you'd made that concert...maybe I was a bit preoccupied...Good song...
As the old proverbialist said, there is a season for all things...times when you need someone to be the light for you; times when you are the light to another. We don't have to wonder about which one makes US feel better! My prayer for you is that someone will always be there when you need that glimmer as the darkness seems to surround; that you'll always have the eyes to look for that glimmer and seek it; that you'll have the eyes and heart to see others who need you to be their glimmer. Love you, Robert! BoK

Happiness For Blessing. 2008 One Winged Angel.Bloggerized by : GosuBlogger