Best Picture 2009: Who Should Win?

Sunday, February 22, 2009


Over the past several days, I've been providing you with my own personal reviews of all of this year's Best Picture nominees. They are ranked below. These are preferences, not predictions, and you can click on the name of each film to read its review.

I believe that Slumdog Millionaire is far and away the best film out of the five nominees. Milk and Frost/Nixon were both very compelling, but suffered from structural flaws. I can't help but think that there were other more worthy nominees than The Reader or Benjamin Button. I find it interesting that each story is told through flashbacks. This is certainly not a new literary device, but I wonder if we might see more movies in the coming months utilizing them as a response.




Winner: Slumdog Millionaire
Milk
Frost/Nixon
The Reader
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Did you get to watch it live?

Robert said...

I did, and I was very pleased with the results!

Yogi said...

Well, Robert, I DID stay up until 11:00 and watched the whole thing. I actually enjoyed it. Don't think I could have if I hadn't have received the "crash course" from you, though. I even caught myself watching Oprah's "After the Oscar Party." Who would have thunk? Kudos to you! BoK

Happiness For Blessing. 2008 One Winged Angel.Bloggerized by : GosuBlogger