New Project: I Need Your Help

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My new computer comes in on Thursday (hooray!), so I am just about ready to start a new collaborative project that I've been thinking about for a while: I am on a quest to create the ultimate aerobic workout playlist(s). I have compiled over 100 songs into a playlist that I have placed on my iPod and I have been taking it with me to the gym to try them out. I picked them in a fairly arbitrary fashion, although I did reference this article and a couple of others. As you can imagine, some of them work pretty well, but others turn out to be duds. My problem is that I have a limited knowledge of music. That's why I need your help. What are the songs that you like to work out to? I want songs with a good rhythm and that I don't mind having to listen to. Songs from every genre, from rock to country to rap to Christian, are welcome. If there are enough songs that I like, I may make multiple lists, and perhaps some based on genre. Leave your submissions in the comments, and I'll download the ones I don't have onto my brand new computer and go try them out on the bike. I'll keep you posted on my progress.


4 comments:

Rachel said...

I just wish I actually worked out. Sorry, I'm afraid I'll be of no help here. Great idea, though!

Robert said...

That's what I'm trying to accomplish. I hope this project gives me some motivation to actually go ride the bike.

John Carl Bishop said...

One thing I've discovered recently is Pandora Radio. It's on the Internet and you can make a station based on the musicality of one song. It's pretty cool, and I've discovered some good songs and artists this way. Just a thought.

Robert said...

I love Pandora! I don't know why I didn't think of using that before. This project just got a little more complicated...

Happiness For Blessing. 2008 One Winged Angel.Bloggerized by : GosuBlogger